Wow. Has it really been since March since I posted...YES. I thought I would get into this a little better, but I guess not. So here goes round number 2! There has been so much that has happened in our lives, I will try not to make a novel.
We got a dog! Nate has always wanted a Siberian Husky and after years of me telling him no...we looked. Then to my surprise, I fell in love with her. Rockett is very active and full of energy. She has brought us much joy and also sorrow (with all her chewing). More on Rockett later.
Compression Fracture. Yes, you read correctly. My good friend Lindsay invited Nate and I to this tumbling gym. We had been before with her and it was tons of fun. This particluar night Nate wasn't feeling well and I was a little tired. I came home from work and proceeded to get ready to go. Nate was talking to me about it and thought perhaps we shouldn't go. But, being the former gymnast I am and wanting to see my friend, I said no let's go. So off we went. We arrived, I paid my money, signed the waiver, took off my shoes, and ran to my friend. Some people were in this, well, what has been named, the 'human hamster wheel.' You sit in it and people push you; I had done it last time and had a blast. As soon as I found my friend, they asked if I wanted to get in...of course I did! A roll this way, maybe a roll that way...then BAM a wall. The bam was my head which scrunched my neck. I could not move very well, it HURT. My friend and her good friends tried to get me out and lay me flat. After pleading for a blessing, a ride in the ambulance, and a ER visit, I was diagnosed with a compression fracture in my back. I had to wear this beautiful brace (I don't have a pic on my computer), couldn't bend over, etc. It took months of recovery and physical therapy. Needless, to say, I learned a lot and am thankful for that trial. Also, maybe a word to me, listen to your husband:)!
In July we had a family reunion. I always enjoy getting together with my family. I love them very much and continue to miss those that are far. Also, in July, we found out we are expecting! Nate was very excited and proceeded to tell everyone, even neighbors I don't talk to:). I have been very blessed in not being too sick. Just packing on the pounds as my dear husband calls me oinker. Recently we found out it's a GIRL!! We are excited and have already begun the shopping. I am not looking forward to delivery, for those that know me, blood, needles, hospitals, the whole she-bang does not sit well with me. I recently told my mom I would like to stop here. She kindly replied "I think it is a little too late." Hope all goes well:)
In August, Nate's cabinet business decided to go under. Long story short, it has been a tough road these last few months as Nate is still unemployed. We have decided it is time for him to go back to school. We are not sure how it is going to work, but we know sacrifice brings blessings as we continue to see everyday in our lives.
Lastly for now, we are sad to say, Rockett is getting a new home. We have struggled with this decision for some time now, but feel we are doing the best for her. I will post later on my sweet Rockett who I love and will miss...I know it's just a DOG:)
Enjoy the pics!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment