Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Calling All Moms

Ok. Since our little scare last week, I have really been thinking (and panicking). What if this little girl decided to come early? What would I do, I feel so not ready or prepared (do you ever?). While we were in labor and delivery, Nate made a comment about us packing a bag. Good idea, babe. So I am asking anyone who has advice on what to take to the hospital. I read different things and lists of what is needed, but HELP. What do I really need? Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated.

4 comments:

Shayla said...

you should bring clothes.

Anonymous said...

To be completely honest, it can depend on the hospital. I delivered both of mine at Long Beach Memorial, and they have everything, so I only had to take an outfit to go home in for me and the baby. They provided everything for the baby, plus anything I needed (lanolin, snacks, you name it). Oh, and I brought my Boppy for help with nursing. But thats pretty much it, clothes to go home in for you and baby. Plus, if you forget something, Nate will just have to run and get it for you!

Jenny said...

They should have almost everything for the baby during your stay. You will need clothes for you & baby to go home and a CAR SEAT. Remember, as much as you just delivered a baby, you'll probably still need to wear maternity clothes home...probably about 2nd trimester size. Toothbrush, toothpaste, CAMERA, and toiletries you can't live without. That's about it. Maybe some reading material for labor...there can be some down time. My hospital didn't have lanolin, so might want to bring that.

Braden and Jodee said...

Hi Brianne:

I asked the same question on my blog... here is the link with everyone's comments :)

http://bradenandjodee.blogspot.com/
2008/07/to-take-or-not-to-take.html