Wednesday, February 25, 2009

38 Weeks

Here is another belly shot. Same as the rest, I must like that side:)


I had my weekly appt yesterday. This doctor(I go to a group of about 4-5 docs) said I was at at 1.5cm. Hmmm. I replied so how come last week the Dr. told me I was a 2-3? He said oh, with a slight pause, well, you never go down. He then goes on to say I probably didn't go in as deep, as I saw that you were hurting, I may have been able to get in two...thanks doc for the gentleness, but what am I? He also told me I was 80% effaced. So there are the stats, for those that care.

I can't believe she could be here anytime. She did give me a little scare. Last night as I was lying in bed to go to sleep, I thought, she doesn't seem to be moving as much. So I decided to do kick counts. Well usually it takes 10 min or less to get in the 6 kicks. It took just about the whole hour. Well, after feeling a little uneasy, I tried to go to sleep. I tossed and turned all night, waking up in hopes of feeling her moving. However, her night time routine is pretty mellow, if much that I notice, so I don't know why I expected to to feel much through the night. Anyway, long story semi-short...I woke up about 3:30 feeling quite uncomfortable about the situation, woke up Nate, and left for the hospital. They hooked me up, had to wake her up with that vibrating noise thing(what a surprise, she was asleep:)), and monitored me. Everything turned out well. They let me go and by the time I got home it was time to get ready for work. I laid back down for a "few minutes," slept through my reset alarm, and woke up to find I fell asleep and had to be to work in 30 min(good thing I showered the night before). Sorry for the novel. I am glad I went although it turned out to be fine and she sure made up for it today:) Needless to say, I am very tired and will be going to go bed very shortly.

3 comments:

Shayla said...

GOODNIGHT MOM!!!!!!! :)

Braden and Jodee said...

Isn't that the worst feeling! My Dr was CRAZY about kick counts and it made me paranoid. I think I went in like 4 or 5 times to get monitored! Never in the middle of the night before having to work the next day though. That must have sucked. Almost there, hang in there!

Jenny said...

Not all false alarms are false alarms. I was induced with Allie because she didn't make her kick counts and we then found out the fluids in the placenta were low. Good watching out. Give her a little pat from Aunt Jenny:)