Thursday, October 8, 2009

Six Months

I know it has been awhile...again. When I get a week or so behind, I become overwhelmed and also it takes me a little time to do (need to learn to be faster, maybe if I blogged sooner than every month) so I keep putting blogging off. But, here we go. Warning: Beware of info and picture overload.

We have been busy with work and school, but haven't missed the important "growing up" moments. Here is some of what we have been up to.

Started reaching for things. This happened a pretty good time ago, but I have to record it:) These pictures show Makenna on her stomach. That lasted for a short while. She learned to roll from her stomach to her back and since doing so, the minute you put her on her stomach, she rolls right to her back. It's pretty funny. Even when on daddys chest she tries to roll over.


Received her first toe-nail painting courtesy of Nisha.


Have had shrimp eating contests. My uncle invited us to Reb Lobster so he and Nate could have a contest since they were featuring all you can eat shrimp. It was a fun night and after 200+ shrimp eaten, sweat dripping, and red faces, the winner was Uncle Brett.


Received her top two teeth. (Sorry no pic yet)

Started solids. Nate has become Makenna's personal chef. He whips out Mr. Williams and Sonoma and away he goes. She has tried squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and peas in addition to her rice cereal, which is loves. She was not a fan of squash and carrots (which I don't think were pureed enough), but really likes sweet potatoes. She has eaten peas the last couple days and does alright. Next up, ready to go, zucchini. Fruits will be coming soon:)


Started to try to drink from a sippy cup.


Started sitting up. She has been getting pretty good with little assistance, but this past weekend, sat all on her own. I don't have any pics of her by herself yet, just the ones where she was learning. I do have a videotape of it, maybe one day I'll get it up here, but for now, just take me word:)


Continues to put everything in her mouth. She especially likes chewing on books. Still sleeping about 12hrs (with her head still needing to touch something) and takes about 3 naps. Still will not keep the blanket on. What am I going to do with winter around the corner; I am going to have to dress her like an eskimo.


Had a visit from family. Thanks for hanging out with us Greg, Jenny, Allie, and Tyler! (PS Nice to meet you Tyler...finally:))


Preparing for the cold weather.


Had her sixth month appt. Her stats are:
17 lbs 5 oz (50-70% depending on who you ask...the doctor or the nurse)- yes, I have a chunky baby and I love every roll.
26 3/4 in long (50%)
43 cm head circ (50%)

Has really started to "babble" Love when she first wakes up and is "talking." She is always so happy to see us. Is stringing da da da together.

She loves looking at the fishes in the fishtank, reading books with mom, taking baths, having her teeth brushed, when daddy sings ABC's, when mom tickles her face with her hair, and playing peek a boo or where's Kenna. She is not a fan of having her nails trimmed or her boogers taken out. We love making her smile and laugh. I cannot believe she is so big. I wish I could stop time so she would stop growing so dang fast. I love being her mom and spending whatever time I can with her. I try to take in all the moments; I hope I am not letting things pass by. Love you Kenna Boo.

5 comments:

Shayla said...

she is just so cute!!!!

Jenny said...

Love that picture slide show! So cute!

Heather said...

Bri . . . Hello, how is everything going? I hope you guys are doing great!! We miss you all the time.

Ok, I'm completely speechless on how BEUTIFUL all those pictures are! WOW!! Your friend is talented. I want to come up just to get Crew's pics taken from her:) How do you pick? I guess you don't have too . . . . just order them all huh :)

Sarah Hull said...

Hi Brianne! First things first your daughter is DARLING!! Second Nate was a good friend of mine in Singles ward. He is one awesome guy! You two are darling together!!
SO glad you were able to be inspired by Nie. I always want to get the word out there about her because she has truly touched my life and made such a huge impact on me that I think everyone needs to know about her.
Thanks so much for the kind comment on the blog! Feel free to comment anytime! I love new blog friends!
Take Care!!

The SoCal Jones' said...

Glad to hear from you again! What cute pics! Love the slide show! So sorry we crossed paths when you were down here. Hopefully we'll see you soon.
Ang