The next day, I had to go back to reality...WORK.
I did not enjoy it and was sure missing my little girl. It has gotten easier with each passing day, but I still don't like leaving in the morning and I hurry home as I can't wait to see her. For those that don't know, I work at a wholesale floral business. In the floral industry, Mother's Day and Memorial Day are VERY big, some of the largest holidays. This meant long hours at work. By the time I got home, it was time to feed her and put her to bed. I am glad those busy weeks are over:)
Nate's brother and family were able to stay with us for almost a week after the blessing. While I went back to work, they went off playing. They went to Brigham City to visit Grandma Koford's grave (Makenna's middle name is after her, Naomi). They visited the conference center and the temple grounds. I believe they may have stopped at BYU and Sundance. I am pretty sure I missed out on the fun; however, I was able to join them for dinner at Olive Garden. We enjoyed having them in our home and am thankful for my sister in law, Erica, who constantly helped keep a clean house.
Makenna turned 2 months! She is getting bigger and cuter by the day, oh, the second. I swear every time I look at her, she changes. Her stats were as follows:
Length: 23 1/2"
Weight: 12 lbs 2 oz - getting chunky:)
Head: 39.3 cm
All her numbers were in the 75th percentile.
She has begun talking to us. As I was playing with her tonight, or actually I was staring at her in awe, she was just talking away and I talking back; I loved every second. One day when I called Nate on my lunch he informed me that she likes Guy Fiero from the food network (I think they watch too much TV, but what do I know:)) He explained that when Guy's Big Bite came on and he would start to talk, she would talk back. When the commercial came on, she watched, but was quiet. Then when he came back on, she started babbling again. After his show was on, Tyler Florence came on, no talking. Melted my heart, wish I was there. It's these little things I wish I didn't have to miss. I find it ironic that we want them to learn and are excited at their milestones, yet we want them to stay the way they are, at least I do.
Other things about her: She has started smiling more. Oh so cute, I can't get enough. She likes to grab moms hair. She really likes her hands, is sucking her fingers and will chew on her hand. Loves to sleep diagonally with her head at the side. Scares Nate and I as if she is going to suffocate. We put her to one side and she finds her way. Maybe it's time for the crib.
We adore her and are thankful to have her in our home. She truly is a good baby(like we know any different).
Can't forget Mother's Day and Memorial Day to end the month. Both were relaxing and enjoyable. Nate thanked me for Makenna and gave me a gift card to get a massage. I am blessed to be this little girl's mom. I hope one day she will be happy that I am her mother. I love her more and more.
Here is Nate's two cents (I was away to come back and find some added commentary): Nate is Mr. Mom and he does a wonderful job at it. He keeps Makenna on a tight schedule and they are always having a good time. This is very true. I am a little jealous as I wish it were me home and him at work. However, we are blessed to have one of us home at this time(fuuny how blessings come, wouldn't thought of this when he was first out of work). He is such a great dad! She absolutely loves him and as he says is a daddy's girl. I know they will have a special bond from this time spent together. I am thankful for Nate and all he does! Love you babe.
That's a little piece of our lives. What a busy and eventful month. I will hopefully not wait for another month before the next post. I just find myself running out of time and any free minute she is awake to spend it with her, go figure.


3 comments:
I can't believe how big she is getting! She is so cute :) I bet you're an amazing mom!
She is just darling, and getting so big!
She is a cutie! I love the pic of Nate and Makenna watching TV, so cute. Hope you are doing good.
Post a Comment