I hate to say this, but it may be that time...crib time that is. I feel she is getting big for her cradle and soon enough will be touching her head and toes to the ends. However, we aren't sure how to transition her to the crib. I thought maybe if we put her in the crib for one nap a day and gradually make that switch. We have only done it a few or three times, but she appears not to like it. I was very sad putting her in the first time; you can call me silly. Anyway everything seems to be ok at first and she does eventually fall asleep then she wakes up after a very short time crying. We do let her cry... We have a ceiling fan in our room that she likes to stare at, maybe we should put one in her room. Does she not like the feel of the mattress? Or is it that she can't readily touch the sides and find comfort in the bumper as she does in her cradle (although she scooted towards the top so her head was touching)? Should we just go in full force and no one nap at a time thing? Should I even be thinking of putting her in her own room? Thoghts anyone?
Now with that being said, we are making a trip to CA at the end of July. I am a little nervous of how she is going to sleep. If she won't sleep in her crib, how is she going to sleep someplace else? Oh I hope it won't be long nights:)
I will leave you with a pic of her in her cradle...she makes me laugh...hand grabbing bumper (sometimes pulling in down) and trying to put her feet over the bumper.

Side note: For documentation, she is starting to roll more-sometimes she can make it to her stomach. Also she no longer lets us swaddle her when put down or let alone wants no blankets on. I have to wait for her to fall asleep to put the blanket on or else she'll kick it off and do so smiling:)
3 comments:
oh, the worries of being a mom. My vote, go straight to the crib 100% of the time. I promise, once she gets used to the crib you'll love that she is in her own room. I remember this stage as a first time mom and it is scary. You are certainly not silly.
About the trip, it doesnt matter how old they are, a trip always throws them a little out of wack. Try a port-a-crib. That usually works for us.
Good Luck
Not to scare you, but we went on vacation when Brighton was 4 months olds... she had been sleeping through the night pretty consistent, but being in a new place, we were up every 3 hours most nights. Some less, but some even more! We're on vacation now though and she's totally fine.
I use to lay Brighton on the same blanket (or at Kenna's age, her cozy bed) that way I could move the blanket/cozy bed to a different spot, but she felt like she was more in the same place. I think it worked for the most part at home. So you might try leaving her in her cradle laying on a softer blanket or something that you can move over to the crib. idk, just a thought.
You are not silly at all! It's just a phase...
Good luck!
Some edits to my comment before...
I think it worked WELL at home... using the same blanket/cozy bed.
And you thinking you're silly is not a phase. I meant Kenna not liking her crib :)
Post a Comment